The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Resilience Group for Women
6 Mondays. September 18-October 23, 2023
HSP Group Registration Deadline: September 12, 2023
Early Birds receive a $25 discount by Sept. 11.
“Strength in the Face of Criticism”
September 11, 8-9:00pm Eastern
Click here to register.
Attend the preview meeting on Monday, September 11, 8:00-9:00pm Eastern to get acquainted with the other participants and decide if this HSP group is right for you. Register here.
In this introductory webinar, we’ll address the following topics:
1. Review the research that indicates HSPs feel more devastated by criticism than non-HSPs.
2. Identify your coping strategies when you feel stung by criticism.
3. Discuss common emotions that arise when you’re criticized.
4. Highlight the negative impact of stress on your relationships, health and work.
5. Develop self-compassion as you understand the neuroscience of how your brain unconsciously tries to protect you when you feel triggered.
6. Learn how to respond to people in a wise manner to set boundaries and build healthier relationships.
There’s no obligation to join the HSP Resilience Group by attending the introductory webinar.
You will receive the benefit of my four decades of professional coaching and counseling experience. Learn how to create the most meaningful life possible as a Highly Sensitive Woman. If you are looking for a place where people understand your highly sensitive nature, please join us.
Highly Sensitive People (HSP) comprise 20% of the human and animal population. Seventy percent of HSPs are introverts. (Research by Dr. Elaine Aron)
Eighty percent of the population is non-highly sensitive. About 70% of the population is extroverted.
No wonder a whole lot of people don’t understand highly sensitive introverts.
Many times we compare ourselves to others and try to make ourselves be like them so we fit in.
Fitting in – instead of being cherished for who you are – is an unfulfilling way to live.
Many Highly Sensitive People (HSP) feel stressed and anxious because we feel different. We ARE different.
At the beginning of the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self, we don’t know why we are so different or what to do about it.
Have you ever felt judged by people who didn’t understand you? It stings, doesn’t it?
I promise you this: It feels comforting to be understood instead of judged. That’s what you’ll find here.
Here’s one of my favorite quotes from The Velveteen Rabbit: “You can’t be ugly except to those who don’t understand you.”
It’s not only criticism from others that triggers us. Sometimes our Inner Critic slams us with nasty comments … especially if we have an insecure attachment style.
HSPs tend to be perfectionistic, and we want to get things right. We feel bad if we don’t perform up to our own expectations.
Many HSPs are empaths. We can feel what other people feel, but sometimes we don’t know if those feelings belong to us or someone else. We may not know we are picking up others’ energy, which can create fatigue.
It can be difficult to know who you really are. I’ll help you get to know your Authentic Self.
With increased stress, we may experience more conflict in our families and at work.
Sleep disturbances and anxiety are common among highly sensitive people.
Some of us feel lonely. Some of us are grieving.
Some of us feel restless in jobs that are far from fulfilling.
I provide a safe place for you to discover your Authentic Self. I’ll help you heal and grow so you can excavate all your beautiful HSP talents and gifts.
Prerequisite for the 6-week HSP Resilience Group for Women:
Please begin reading my book or listen to the audiobook: The Gifted Highly Sensitive Introvert available on Amazon. Or, read The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron.
–> Apply to become a member of the Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Support Group. Complete the application on the contact page, and I’ll respond within 24 hours, Monday-Thursday.
This group is conducted in my spiritual counseling and life coaching format. If you’re wondering about my religious path, I’m a grace-filled Christian. I accept all people who advocate for unconditional love and the search for higher wisdom.
Just imagine being part of a group where you can be yourself, share what is really going on for you, and gain confidence in the process. Is this actually possible? Trust me, it is! As a highly sensitive introvert myself, this kind of sharing is usually scary. However, I quickly discovered I was not alone. My thought patterns and emotions are common in the group. Every time we meet, we relate to each other’s stories. Together we share ideas for taking creative ownership to find the best solutions for our concerns while Benita offers expert guidance. She brings techniques for us to ponder and use in our lives as we see fit. The best part is that you get all the benefits whether you are being coached by Benita or watching another participant being coached. It is remarkable how much you can learn from others’ experiences and apply them to your own life. For the first time in my life, I feel heard, understood and have a true sense of belonging. ~C. M.
Here’s how the 6-week HSP Resilience Group works.
Highly sensitive women (introverted and extroverted) from anywhere on the globe. You’ll receive much-needed emotional support and affirmation for being your beautiful unique sensitive self.
- This group is not appropriate for the following situations: People with suicidal tendencies, drug or alcohol addiction, domestic violence, severe depression, severe anxiety, or mental illness.
- This group is open to women over 21 years of age.
Topics: What you can gain from the HSP Resilience Group for Women
Class # 1: Discuss the gifts, qualities and needs of highly sensitive people and introverts.
Class #2: Instead of losing yourself, confidently express your values and desires from your Authentic Self.
Class #3: Set boundaries to care for yourself as an empath so you don’t get overstimulated.
Class #4: Deepen emotional connections with loved ones by upgrading your communication skills.
Class #5: Manage conflicts to strengthen relationships instead of stuffing emotions or being reactive.
Class #6: Improve decision-making skills so you don’t spiral down into over-thinking.
This group is a breath of fresh air in a world where I often don’t feel like I live in the same atmosphere as others. Through Benita’s guidance and the support of the group, I can put feelings into words that are often just on the periphery of conscious awareness. I’m able to better understand myself and make a change if needed. I love hanging out with deeply connected friends in our weekly group. ~C.V.
Format for the HSP Group for Women
- A minimum of four people are required to start this group.
- If there are six or more people, we’ll meet for 75 minutes instead of 60 minutes.
- We meet weekly for 6 sessions.
- We will co-create emotional safety so the group bonds and enjoys learning together.
- I’ll give short lectures followed by Q&A and group discussion.
- I may coach one participant while the others learn vicariously, followed by Q&A.
- Interactive activities will deepen the learning and group bonding.
- Homework will be assigned.
- You will be encouraged to talk with your study buddy for weekly support, friendship and accountability to accelerate your progress.
- The meetings will be recorded so the group members can review the session. If you are absent, be sure to ask for the recording. You will pay for any missed meetings.
This is a warm, accepting group with a great degree of connection where I feel supported by our similar ways of thinking and believing. I have learned from listening to the other members and from Benita coaching others even when I was not coached myself. I have been able to be open and honest because the love and grace in the group enabled me to be vulnerable without fear of rejection or judgment. I value Benita’s leadership which recognizes that our spirits and the Holy Spirit help us on our journey. ~Anonymous
- HSP Group Tuition: $350 for 6 meetings. Register by 9/12/23.
- Early Bird Discount: Save $25 when you register by 9/11/23 for a total of $325.00.
- Option: Pay in two equal payments, one by September 12, and one by October 8. Add a $35.00 service fee for a total of $385.00.
- Payments will be made by Venmo unless you live outside of the USA, in which case you will use PayPal.
- Contact me and I will email the payment instructions.
- Insurance cannot be used for group sessions.
- There will be no refunds after the first session begins. Attend the complimentary introductory meeting to decide if you want to join.
I have found it invaluable to be a member of the Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Group. It’s great to find others who have the same struggles and who think the way I do. It’s a relief to know that I am not alone! The group is a warm, safe and accepting environment to learn and grow. I love being encouraged and empowered by Benita and the other group members. ~Anonymous
How to apply for the HSP Resilience Group for Women
Click here to complete the Contact Form. Fill out the application and tell me that you want to apply for the “Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Group.” I’ll respond to you within 24 hours Monday-Thursday. If I believe we are a good fit, we’ll schedule a 10-minute Discovery Call to discuss any questions we may have.
Facilitator: Benita A. Esposito, MA, Chief Trail Guide on the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self.
Click here for Benita’s credentials.
Click here to read Benita’s story.
Life Coaching and Spiritual Counseling for Sensitive Introverts on the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self
“Your Authentic Life. Anything Else is a Compromise.”
Are you interested in the HSP Group but you can’t join right now? Please join my newsletter list to receive event notices and articles for highly sensitive introverts. Click on the tan bar at the bottom of this site. You’ll receive my “Top Ten Tips for Highly Sensitive Introverts” and you’ll be added to the newsletter list. I am sincere about protecting your privacy. I will never give away or sell your information.
Photo credit of Benita Esposito: Alysia Harris Photography. Photo credit for women’s group: LinkedIn-sales-solutions on unsplash.com