Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Support Group
Next group starts Summer 2021
Many of us Highly Sensitive People (HSP) feel stressed and anxious because we feel different. We ARE different.
Have you ever felt judged by people who didn’t understand you? It stings, doesn’t it?
I want to provide a safe place for you to discover your Authentic Self. I’ll help you heal so you can excavate all your beautiful HSP talents and gifts.
I promise you: It feels comforting to be understood instead of judged. That’s what you’ll find here.
Here’s one of my favorite quotes from The Velveteen Rabbit: “You can’t be ugly except to those who don’t understand you.”
It’s not only criticism from others that triggers us. Sometimes our Inner Critic slams us with nasty comments … especially if we have an insecure attachment style. We tend to be perfectionistic, and we want to get things right. We feel bad if we don’t perform up to our own expectations.
Highly Sensitive People comprise about 20% of the human and animal population. Seventy percent of HSP’s are introverts. Eighty percent of the population is non-highly sensitive. About 70% of the population is extroverted. No wonder a whole lot of people don’t understand highly sensitive introverts. Many times we try to make ourselves be like others so that we fit in. But that’s a very unfulfilling way to live.
At the beginning of the Hero’s Journey, we don’t know why we are so different or what to do about it.
Many of us are empaths. We can feel what other people feel but sometimes we don’t know if those feelings belong to us or someone else. We may not know we are picking up other’s energy. It can be difficult to know who we really are.
With increased stress, we may experience escalated conflict in our families and at work.
Sleep disturbance and anxiety are common among highly sensitive people.
Some of us feel lonely. Some of us are grieving.
Some of us feel restless in jobs that are far from fulfilling.
The pandemic adds a whole new layer of stress.
If you would like a place where you feel like you belong …
If you would like to receive expert coaching to heal emotional wounding, overcome self-doubt and become the creative force in your life … please apply to become a member of our Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Support Group.
This group is conducted in my spiritual counseling and life coaching format. If you’re wondering about my religious path, I’m a grace-filled Christian. I accept all people who advocate for unconditional love and the search for higher wisdom.
The Highly Sensitive Person Group with Benita has been a truly unique experience for me. Just imagine being part of a group where you can actually be yourself, share what is really going on for you, and gain confidence in the process. Is this actually possible? Trust me, it is! As a highly sensitive introvert myself, this kind of sharing is usually scary. However, I quickly discovered I was not alone. My thought patterns and emotions are common in the group. Every time we meet, we relate to each other’s stories. Together we share ideas for taking creative ownership to find the best solutions for our concerns while Benita offers expert guidance. She brings techniques for us to ponder and use in our lives as we see fit. The best part is that you get all the benefits whether you are being coached by Benita or watching another participant being coached. It is remarkable how much you can learn from others’ experiences and apply them to your own life. Thank you, Benita, for bringing our group of wonderful women together. For the first time in my life, I feel heard, understood and have a true sense of belonging. Merci pour tout Benita! ~C. M.
Here’s how the HSP Resilience Support Group works.
Highly Sensitive People (introverted and extroverted) from anywhere on the globe. You’ll receive much-needed emotional support and affirmation for being your beautiful unique sensitive self.
- This group is not appropriate for the following situations: People with suicidal tendencies, drug or alcohol addiction, domestic violence, severe depression, severe anxiety or mental illness.
- You must be over 21 years of age.
You will receive spiritual counseling and life coaching from an expert on any of these topics:
- Stop people-pleasing when it is hurtful to you.
- Learn how to advocate for yourself and set boundaries. Highly sensitive people are excellent at taking care of others but sometimes we don’t treat ourselves with the same loving kindness.
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- Heal emotional wounds that keep you stuck in self-defeating patterns.
- Regulate emotions so you don’t get overwhelmed especially during conflicts.
- Manage your empathic nature so you remain grounded.
- Meditate so you maintain healthy energy and emotional resilience.
- Manage grief so you don’t stay stuck in the past.
- Take care of your body to enhance your immune system and reduce pain.
- Connect with your Authentic Self and shine your gifts to make the world a better place.
- Become your own best friend.
- Develop spiritual intimacy … the source of all healing.
- Strengthen relationships with effective communication and conflict management.
- Learn the difference between being assertive, non-assertive and aggressive.
- Clarify your values – what’s most meaningful to you. Then find the money and time to successfully achieve your goals.
This group is a breath of fresh air in a world where I often don’t feel like I live in the same atmosphere as others. Through Benita’s guidance and the support of the group, I am able to put feelings into words that are often just on the periphery of conscious awareness. I’m able to better understand myself and make a change if needed. I love hanging out with deeply connected friends in our weekly group. ~C.V.
- You’ll receive my expert coaching based on my four decades of experience.
- Click here for Benita’s credentials.
- Four to six people comprise each 12-week group.
- We co-create emotional safety and warmth so the group bonds and enjoys the learning.
- One participant is coached at each meeting. That person chooses the agenda while the others learn vicariously.
- You can have a study buddy for support, friendship and encouragement.
This is a warm, accepting group with a great degree of connection where I feel supported by our similar ways of thinking and believing. I have learned from listening to the other members and from Benita coaching others even when I was not coached myself. I have been able to be open and honest because the love and grace in the group enabled me to be vulnerable without fear of rejection or judgment. I value Benita’s leadership which recognizes that our spirits and the Holy Spirit help us on our journey. ~Anonymous
We’ll meet on Zoom for 60 minutes weekly for twelve weeks. We will add another group when at least five people are ready to begin. Ask me to add you to the waiting list for the next group.
- The meeting will be recorded. If you miss a meeting, you will still pay for the meeting.
- Before you join the group: Please read my book or listen to the audiobook: The Gifted Highly Sensitive Introvert available on Amazon … or read the Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron.
I have found it invaluable to be a member of the Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Group. It’s great to find others who have the same struggles and who think the way I do. It’s a relief to know that I am not alone! The group is a warm, safe and accepting environment to learn and grow. I love being encouraged and empowered by Benita and the other group members. ~Anonymous
- If you are a new client, you will first attend an intake session @ $200. This fee is in addition to the group fee. You will attend at least three individual meetings before joining the group. We need to get to know each other and build trust.
- Please inquire for the group fee.
- Payments will be made by PayPal. Contact me and I will email the instructions.
- Insurance cannot be used for this group.
- There will be no refunds once the group begins.
How to get started
Click here to complete the Contact Form and tell me that you want to apply for the “HSP Resilience Support Group.” I’ll respond to you within 48 hours Monday-Friday. You’ll complete a short questionnaire, and we’ll schedule a 10-minute Discovery Call to see if this group is a good fit for you.
Can’t join right now? New HSP support groups will be formed in the future so please join my newsletter list to receive articles and event notices for highly sensitive introverts. Click on the tan bar at the bottom of this site. You’ll receive my “Top Ten Tips for Highly Sensitive Introverts” and you’ll be added to the email list. I am serious about protecting your privacy. I will never give away or sell your information.
Facilitator: Benita A. Esposito, MA, Chief Trail Guide on the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self.
Click here for Benita’s credentials.
Click here to read Benita’s story.
Life Coaching and Spiritual Counseling for
Sensitive Introverts on the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self
“Your Authentic Life. Anything Else is a Compromise.”