Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Support Group
The next Highly Sensitive Person Group begins November 11, 2020 at 10am Eastern. Three seats are open.
Many of us Highly Sensitive People (HSP) feel stressed and anxious because we feel different. We ARE different. We comprise about 20% of the population. That means that 80% of the population is non-highly sensitive. Sometimes, it’s hard for other people to understand us. Sometimes it’s hard to understand and accept ourselves, especially if we have an insecure attachment style.
At the beginning of the Hero’s Journey, we don’t know why we are so different or what to do about it.
Many of us are empaths. When we walk into a room, we know what other people feel. While being empathic and intuitive can be helpful, it can lead to exhaustion if not well-managed. Sometimes we don’t know if the emotions belong to us or to someone else.
Sleep disturbance and anxiety are common.
With increased stress, we may experience escalated conflict in our families. Either our relationships have grown deeper and sweeter, or dysfunction glares us in the face.
Some of us feel lonely. Some of us are grieving. We’ve lost loved ones or pets or we have estranged relationships. Some of us are sick.
Some of us are evaluating the quality of our lives and reinventing our careers.
The pandemic adds a whole new layer of stress.
If you would like to develop supportive friendships with other HSPs and receive coaching from an expert, I’m here to help. Consider joining our Highly Sensitive Person Resilient Support Group.
You can receive counseling at a fraction of the regular cost by joining this Zoom support group.
This small group will be conducted in my spiritual counseling and life coaching format. This is a grace-filled Christian path that accepts people of all faiths who advocate loving God and each other.
Can’t join right now? New HSP support groups will be formed in the future so please join my email list to receive articles and event notices for highly sensitive introverts. Click on the tan bar at the bottom of this site. You’ll receive my “Top Ten Tips for Highly Sensitive Introverts” and you’ll be added to the email list.
The Highly Sensitive Person Group with Benita has been a truly unique experience for me. Just imagine being part of a group where you can actually be yourself, share what is really going on for you, and gain confidence in the process. Is this actually possible? Trust me, it is! As a highly sensitive introvert myself, this kind of sharing is usually scary. However, I quickly discovered I was not alone. My thought patterns and emotions are common in the group. Every time we meet, we relate to each other’s stories. Together we share ideas for taking creative ownership to find the best solutions for our concerns while Benita offers expert guidance. She brings techniques for us to ponder and use in our lives as we see fit. The best part is that you get all the benefits whether you are being coached by Benita or watching another participant being coached. It is remarkable how much you can learn from others’ experiences and apply them to your own life. Thank you, Benita, for bringing our group of wonderful women together. For the first time in my life, I feel heard, understood and have a true sense of belonging. Merci pour tout Benita! ~C. M.
Here’s how the HSP Resilience Support Group works.
Highly Sensitive People from around the globe will come together to share with like-hearted folks. You’ll receive much-needed emotional support and affirmation for being your beautiful unique sensitive self.
You can receive spiritual counseling and life coaching on any of these topics:
- Stop people-pleasing when it is hurtful to you.
- Increase your self-care and learn how to advocate for yourself. Highly sensitive people are excellent at taking care of others but often we don’t treat ourselves with the same loving kindness.
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- Regulate emotions so you don’t get overwhelmed especially during conflicts.
- Manage your empathic nature so you remain centered and grounded.
- Meditate so you maintain healthy energy and emotional resilience.
- Manage grief so you move through all six stages more easily.
- Take care of your body to enhance your immune system and reduce pain.
- Connect with your Authentic Self to increase self-esteem and inner peace.
- Become your own best friend.
- Develop spiritual intimacy … your source of love, wisdom and power.
- Heal relationships with effective communication and conflict management.
- Learn the difference between being assertive, non-assertive and aggressive.
- Be the creative force in your life. Clarify your values – what’s most meaningful to you. Then find the money and time to successfully achieve your goals.
- Set energetic boundaries for good self-care.
This group is a breath of fresh air in a world where I often don’t feel like I live in the same atmosphere as others. Through Benita’s guidance and the support of the group, I am able to put feelings into words that are often just on the periphery of conscious awareness. I’m able to better understand myself and make a change if needed. I love hanging out with deeply connected friends in our weekly group. ~C.V.
- You’ll receive my expert coaching and teaching in every session.
- There is a minimum of four people and a maximum of six people in each group. I keep it small to give people more personal attention.
- Participants will choose the topics each time. You’ll email your requests ahead of time. Different people will speak at each meeting so everyone gets a turn to be coached.
- You can have a study buddy for support, friendship and encouragement.
This is a warm, accepting group with a great degree of connection where I feel supported by our similar ways of thinking and believing. I have learned from listening to the other members and from Benita coaching others even when I was not coached myself. I have been able to be open and honest because the love and grace in the group enabled me to be vulnerable without fear of rejection or judgment. I value Benita’s leadership which recognizes that our spirits and the Holy Spirit help us on our journey. ~Anonymous
We’ll meet by Zoom video-conference for about 50 minutes per week for twelve weeks. We will schedule a day and time that hopefully coordinates with the participants’ schedules.
–> Click here to complete the Contact Form to tell me you’re interested. When you are ready, go ahead and schedule your intake Discovery session. Ask me to add you to the waiting list for the next group.
- The meeting will be recorded assuming all the participants agree and the technology works. You may ask your study buddy for the notes of what happened in the meeting. If you miss a meeting, you still pay for the meeting.
- Before you join the group: Please read my book or listen to the audiobook: The Gifted Highly Sensitive Introvert available on Amazon … or read the Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron.
- This group is not appropriate for the following situations: People with suicidal tendencies, drug or alcohol addiction, domestic violence, severe depression, anxiety or mental illness. If you experience any of these, please ask for a referral.
- You must be over 21 years of age.
I have found it invaluable to be a member of the Highly Sensitive Person Resilience Group. It’s great to find others who have the same struggles and who think the way I do. It’s a relief to know that I am not alone! The group is a warm, safe and accepting environment to learn and grow. I love being encouraged and empowered by Benita and the other group members. ~Anonymous
- If you are a new client, you will first attend an intake Discovery session @ $195. This fee is in addition to the group fee below. I need to get to know you, your issues and your goals. You’ll need to complete some forms.
- The group is $49 per meeting for 12 weekly meetings. The total fee for the group is a one-time payment of $588.
- Payments will be made by PayPal. I will email the instructions.
- Insurance cannot be used for this group.
- There will be no refunds once the group begins.
How to get started
Click here to complete the Contact Form and tell me that you want to apply for the “HSP Resilience Support Group.” I’ll respond to you within 48 hours Monday-Friday. You’ll complete a short questionnaire and we’ll schedule a 10-minute phone interview to see if this group is a good fit for you.
Facilitator: Benita A. Esposito, MA, Chief Trail Guide on the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self.
Click here for Benita’s credentials.
Click here to read Benita’s story.
Life Coaching and Spiritual Counseling for
Sensitive Introverts on the Hero’s Journey to the Authentic Self
“Your Authentic Life. Anything Else is a Compromise.”