Have you ever asked yourself these questions?
• Why is it so difficult to stand up for my self?
• Why do I let people treat me so poorly?
• Is it selfish to ask for what I want when others don’t like it?
• How do I assert myself without hurting people’s feelings?
Highly Sensitive People often find it challenging to stand up for ourselves, especially if we have an insecure attachment style. That means that when we were young, our caregivers didn’t meet our emotional needs. We were left with a hole in our soul. It is still there as adults unless we figure out how to heal.
When Highly Sensitive People think about sharing our thoughts, feelings and desires, we pause to reflect. We predict what others will feel, do and say if we assert ourselves. If we imagine a negative response, we may shrink back and say nothing. Some of us lash out. Either way, we probably won’t get our needs met. Then we complain silently or aloud that others don’t understand us or appreciate us.
The truth is that you have the perfect right to express yourself just as every one else does. But what if they don’t listen? What if they put you down?
Join us for this webinar to learn how to tactfully assert yourself.
• It’s okay to want what you want.
• It’s okay to ask for what you want.
• It’s okay to be who you want to be.
• You matter. Step up and be counted.
• Examine the beliefs that make you hesitant to assert yourself.
• Develop the attitude: “I’m worth it.”
• Stop being non-assertive or aggressive.
• Break the pattern of codependency and inappropriate people-pleasing.
• Show respect for others and yourself: I count and you count.
• Stop being intimidated by other’s angry reactions.
• Manage your emotions so you demonstrate personal mastery.
• Re-center quickly when you get triggered.
I’ll give a lecture that includes a mistake I made and how I repaired a relationship injury. Then I’ll coach participants in the webinar and answer your questions. Others may piggyback, make comments or ask more questions. This is a conversational fireside chat.
When: Wednesday, June 12, 2019. 6:30pm-8pm Eastern. 3:30pm-5pm Pacific.
Tuition: $39 per person.
Follow these instructions please.
(1) Make your $39 payment on PayPal to Payments@EspositoInstitute.com. Select pay to “friends and family” and withdraw from your bank account if you would like to avoid a service charge.
(2) Required: Click this link to Complete the contact page at www.SensitiveIntrovert.com and tell me that you want to attend the Assertiveness Training for HSP’s webinar. Please describe the situation that you find most difficult to stand up, speak up and show up … as your Authentic Self.
(3) I’ll email you the instructions to join the webinar within 24 hours.
Webinar Recording: If you can’t attend the webinar, you may purchase a recording of the webinar for $39.00. Complete the Contact Page and ask me to email the recording link for this webinar: Assertiveness Training for HSP’s. Make a payment on PayPal by following the instructions above.
All participants will receive the link to the webinar recording at no additional fee.
Facilitator: Benita A. Esposito, MA, Licensed Professional Counselor, Life Coach and Spiritual Counselor. Click “About” to read Benita’s credentials.
P.S. Benita Esposito’s bestselling memoir and teaching stories, The Gifted Highly Sensitive Introvert: Wisdom for Emotional Healing and Expressing Your Radiant Authentic Self, is available on Amazon.com. View the book video at www.SensitiveIntrovert.com.
Click below for prior webinars: